Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 2010


And a little bubble fun and relaxation once the party was over! Phew!




Presents!!! We asked for donations for Children's Hospital in place of traditional gift giving - but saved a couple just for Cooper and he LOVED it!!

We made it Coop!!!
Matias Chmiel








Enjoying the fort!

"Now that was a good cupcake!"


Carson Moxcey

McKenna Heise


Aww... Jenn playing "Daddy", Ava & the boys with Mommy Katie
Greyson

Eli Mah

Cohen.... Yumm!!

Ella & Carter Drazich deep in cupcake heaven!
Saige Weeks




Happy Birthday dear Cooper, Happy birthday to you!!! Is it really true - you are *1*! We made it!! All of us - those of you who live in my house - we made it!! Those around me who have suffered with me! We made it!! Those in my family who have watched from afar while I attempted hiding how hard it has been... we made it! And to me, the mommy who cried through most of it and desperately sought guidance in friends and faith to keep me moving forward.... I have made it! And to my dear husband, who stood steadfast in love through my tears and my desperation... who patiently listened and reassured my doubts.... who ate whatever was in the fridge on the many nights that I couldn't get together dinner for us.... who just loved me through it all.... we made it! And with tears of joy and congratulations to myself, I threw a party! Of course to celebrate Cooper's life, but also to celebrate those around us that kept us strong and prayed with us through-out the year! To celebrate our community, to celebrate our family, to celebrate what God has done in our lives despite ourselves! Thank you, to all of you who have loved us through this season!!
And so it is, Cooper is 1. Zachary is 3. I officially have 2 toddlers. I packed up the bottles today and put away the many accessories for them. I threw out the Prevacid that once defined us, but now we no longer need! Yahoo!! I put away baby shoes as Cooper attempts to walk on his own. I closed the chapter on infancy - praise be to God!
So where have I been - as you can tell, drowning in this past year. But I will no longer define myself by my weaknesses. I will step forward today to embrace the joy of my family and my friends. I will strive each day to find the celebrations, not the struggles! And I hope in doing so, will find new meaning in this calling of "mommy". And so today, I update the blog... I rejoin the world. And I hope to reconnect with all of you while doing so! Enjoy the pics from our celebration of Cooper's 1st year! More to come!.....

1 comment:

Nancy said...

BIG CONGRATS and WELCOME BACK!!! There was never a doubt that you would weather through with flying colors and you have two beautiful little boys to prove it....and you look pretty darn good too!! Love, love, love all the new pics. Could Cooper's eyes get any bigger or bluer? I think not! A real doll. Can't wait to see all of you! Keep the blog going, it's a great connection for us. Love to you all!
Auntie Nancy